- Daily Readings for Tuesday, November 30, 2021 November 30, 2021Psalm 90; 2 Samuel 7:18-29; Revelation 22:12-16
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, November 30, 2021 November 30, 2021
- 2 Peter 3:10-11“But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives”
- 2 Peter 3:10-11
TAKELEY CHAPEL IS PLEASED TO HOST:
TAKELEY CHAPEL ALSO WORKS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Can we trust Scripture when there are so many interpretations? November 29, 2021Andy Judd teaches Old Testament and hermeneutics at Ridley College, Melbourne, and a few years ago I heard him give a great paper at a conference on the Old Testament citations in Acts. He has just completed his doctoral research on Gadamer, Genre Theory and biblical hermeneutics, and I was able to ask him about his work. IP: What have you been researching, […]Ian Paul
- Can we trust Scripture when there are so many interpretations? November 29, 2021
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Author Archives: M Emlyn Humphries
Nature played a big part in our greeting each other this morning. Everything is unseasonably green, and the fields are covered in colour. Some spoke of the exuberance of nature and how it fights back. Some came with questions about … Continue reading
We come to Christianity with a lot of baggage: do we call God Father, Master, Lord or perceiving the face of God do we simply say here am I. We cry out from the depths of our need; to know … Continue reading
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. https://esv.org/Rom15.13
February 14, 2021 Read the scriptures below and you can imagine our conversation was interesting. How do these stories impact our lives? Well, they fuel our imaginations. They tell us that natural disasters are summoned to administer God’s judgement or … Continue reading
Of cursing and millstones Of cursing and millstones — Read on memlynhumphries.me.uk/2021/02/06/of-cursing-and-milestones/ A thought for Saturday morning and a call to action. My prayer is that Takeley chapel is a centre for gathering to Jesus, not ourselves.