…If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with you, so that you may be revered.
…For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with him is great power to redeem…
2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1
…So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day.
For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
… But no one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his property without first tying up the strong man; then indeed the house can be plundered…
- Daily Readings for Sunday, October 24, 2021 October 24, 2021Proper 25 (30)
- Daily Readings for Sunday, October 24, 2021 October 24, 2021
- Proverbs 9:10“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
- Proverbs 9:10
TAKELEY CHAPEL IS PLEASED TO HOST:
TAKELEY CHAPEL ALSO WORKS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- The healing of blind Bartimaeus in Mark 10 October 22, 2021The gospel lectionary reading for the so-called Last Sunday after Trinity (or Trinity 21) in Year B is the story of the healing of blind Bartimaeus in Mark 10.46–52. (Apologies to my regular readers for the lack of comment on the previous two weeks of readings.) This reading has an appeal at two levels. First, it is in Mark's usual lively and direct sty […]Ian Paul
- The healing of blind Bartimaeus in Mark 10 October 22, 2021
- Be Still: Q&A with Brian Heasley
- The Gathering Auction 2021
- 1 Year since the Blast: Pray for Lebanon